Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B: Port of Entry - Urgent

Hi,

I got my H1B stamped last week. I have few questions regarding Port of entry.

1: Which documents are required for Port of Entry?
    2: My employer is in NJ and Client is in Arizona. So where should I fly ? I have heard that Newark airport is very strict. they are sending people back.
    3: Because of Arizona's new Law, I am very confused to fly over there. Is it safe to fly Arizona?
    4: Is it safe to fly LA or SFO? Does anyone has any experice about LA or SFO?

Thanks in advance.

Please do reply asap.
    Last edited by my4shopping; 06-16-2010, 08:26 PM.

The mandatory documents are listed below

1) Valid passport, visa and approval notice
    2) Employment verification letter
    3) Client letter if you work at the client location
    4) If you have been vacationing outside U.S (re-entry to U.S), then your latest pay slips.
    5) Project related documents
    6) contact information of your manager (Just in case they want to reach your employer)

It is advisable to choose the POE that is close to your work location (That is mentioned in your H1B petition/LCA).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks !

My LCA has mentioned Phoenix. But Because of the new AZ Law sb1070, I am afraid to fly over there. Is it safe to fly LA?

Comment

You are in H1B and you are entering the country as a legal immigrant. Why do you have to worry about this bill? If you choose LA as your POE and if the officer asks you why you picked LA, then just be prepared to answer that question.

Originally posted by my4shopping View Post
        Thanks !

My LCA has mentioned Phoenix. But Because of the new AZ Law sb1070, I am afraid to fly over there. Is it safe to fly LA?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for you reply !!

Actually I was sent back from Newark Airport few months ago. I came here on H1B and they sent me back because of that Employee-Employer memo. And so the port of Entry officer told me that everytime I enter this country, I will have to go through second security check. Thats the reason I am affraid of flying to Phoenix. I want to know how the LA airport checkpoint. does anyone has bad experienced there?

I really appreciate your reply..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X