H1 to H4 COS. I539 clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 COS. I539 clarification

I am planning to do a COS of my wife to H4 who is currently on H1 based on my current H1 status valid till nov 2011.

I was filling up the I539 form and on Part3 following are the questions asked:

1. I/We request that my/our current or requested status be extended until : (mm/dd/yyyy)

2. Is this application based on an extension or change of status already granted to your spouse, child, or parent?
    [NO] [YES]. USCIS Receipt #:_________

3. Is this application based on a seperate petition or application to give your spouse, child, or parent an extension or change of status?
    [NO] [YES], filed with this I-539.

I am bit confused here which one I have to select either question 2 or 3. I feel it is 2 but wanted to check before I submit.

Can any one please confirm what the answer should be.

Choose 2, as you already mentioned.
    (you're changing status based on your existing petition, not a new one)

Comment

1. I/We request that my/our current or requested status be extended until : (mm/dd/yyyy)
      >>> This will the expiry date from your I-797 approval notice.

2. Is this application based on an extension or change of status already granted to your spouse, child, or parent?
      [NO] [YES]. USCIS Receipt #:_________
      >>> Choose this and enter your receipt number from the approval notice.

3. Is this application based on a seperate petition or application to give your spouse, child, or parent an extension or change of status?
      [NO] [YES], filed with this I-539.
      >>> This will not apply if you are just filing the I-539 for your spouse to change the status to H4.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

sk4ih & shervin143

Thanks a lot for the reply and clarification.

I am planning to mail the application today and wanted to know how will I get the receipt/case number, I mean will the USCIS send me a confirmation mail of the receipt/case number to track online?

Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X