Changing status from H1 to F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing status from H1 to F1

Currently i'm on H1 status(H1 expires on 30th june 2010) and also applied for H1 extension.I have enrolled in PhD program for may semeter with on the university in california.

Could you please give advise on following questions.

* If my H1 got denied ofter H1 expiry date(06/30/2010),can i apply for change of status from H1 to F1
    * If my H1 got denied before H1 expiry date(06/30/2010),can i apply for change of status from H1 to F1
    * If RFE comes before H1 expiry date(06/30/2010) and got denial notice some where around mid of july,do i eligible for change of status from H1 to F1
    * How much time do i get ofter H1 denial
    * If my H1 got rejected in this month,do i will be in legal status till 30th june 2010.
    * When ever RFE comes ofter 30th jun 2010,can i apply immeadiately to F1 status.

Your reply is highly appreciated.

* Yes, but not after H1 expiry 30 June. After that your stay in US is illegal.
    * Yes
    * No. After 30 June, you have to just leave US.
    * Time for what?
    * No.
    * No.
    Last edited by sk4ih; 06-18-2010, 12:05 AM.

Comment

H1 to F1 and I-130 Approved

Hi
      I am currently on H1b and will expires in Oct 2010, My brother filled a petition for siblings 1-130 for immigration and is approved and priority dates is 0ct 2002,

1- Can I file change of status Now for Permanent Resident
      2- Can I change my status from H1 to F1 as my Immigration petition is approved

if some one has any information kindly help me

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X