Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does any state give H1b driver's license which doe not expire with h1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does any state give H1b driver's license which doe not expire with h1?

I have H1 which is valid another half a year. My current driver's license expiration date is my H1 expiration date. Is there any any state that would give me full 4 - 5 year valid driver license if I moved there now? (Do not ask how I can continue working after moving to x state, that is not an immigration problem and I have a solution for that)

Connecticut

I got my licence for 7 years from CT and my H1 is expiring in Oct 2010

Comment

Illinois, but they require proof of address, you can get for 4 years. possible for H1, not for H4 though.

Comment

With Secure ID act most states are moving to giving licences for duration of authorized stay only. Some people may have gotten longers licences before but may not work in most states now. Besides, what is the point? Just get it renewed before it expires, if your legal stay is extended.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Besides, what is the point? Just get it renewed before it expires, if your legal stay is extended. ------------------- My six years of H1 is going to be full.
          Company is happy to relocate my job to Europe temporarily, but guess what: I cannot drive around in Europe! Last time when something similar happened, I happened to have a valid US drivers license. And because of my US drivers license, I was able to rent cars anywhere in world from Cancun to Athens to Helsinki. Also, I was able to rent a car and drive to US home from airport when our visa arrived. So "point" is extreme. Getting European drivers license takes months (and is completely ridiculous, I probably have to go to "driving school" with a guy sitting next to me after driving over hundred thousand miles in last 10 years - expired US license means nothing to them) I really need to drive but the governments of the planet think my expired H1 means I cannot drive a car any more.

Comment

Well, sorry to hear that. I have experience in GA and VA and both do check legal status.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Texas: 5 years
              Arkansas: 4 years

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X