Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa advise...

Hi,
    I am here on H1 Visa which is valid till Sept 30, 2011(6 years). I did not apply for greencard due to lot of reasons. Now as the market is not good my employer asked me to go to India which I may do.

Now my questions are
    1. if I leave to india before sept 2010, Can I apply for fresh H1 with same company next april with valid date of oct, 2011 as I will be physically out of country for whole year (sept 2010 to Sept 2011)

2. What do I or my company need to do with my current visa, like termianting or something so we can apply for fresh H1 visa next april.

Please advise.

1. Yes.
    2. Do nothing. It expires by then.

Comment

1. if I leave to india before sept 2010, Can I apply for fresh H1 with same company next april with valid date of oct, 2011 as I will be physically out of country for whole year (sept 2010 to Sept 2011)
      >>>When your H1B application is taken for processing you should have stayed 1 year out of U.S to get a fresh 6 year term.

2. What do I or my company need to do with my current visa, like termianting or something so we can apply for fresh H1 visa next april.
      >>> If your no longer work for that employer, then USCIS want the employer to revoke that petition. But that is the employer's responsibility.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Confused

Thanks for the replies to you both.....but seems like you both giving different answers for the questions.
        1. I thought I should stay out of the country for 1 year i.e, to the start of the fresh 6 year term. According to sherving, I have to wait for one full year out of country before I even apply. Please advise which one is correct.....
        2. If my employer revokes my current H1 now and applies for fresh H1 again next year will that be a problem.

Again thanks for your response your help is greatly appreciated....

Comment

If my employer revokes my current H1 now and applies for fresh H1 again next year will that be a problem.
          >>> No issues.

Comment

Thanks Shervin,,,,,what about applying for fresh H1 in next april is it ok...seems it is not per your first reply......please advise......

Comment

As per my knowledge, you should have completed 1 year outside U.S when you application is taken for processing to get a fresh 6 year term.

Originally posted by irsmeraj View Post
              Thanks Shervin,,,,,what about applying for fresh H1 in next april is it ok...seems it is not per your first reply......please advise......

Comment

Thank you Shervin.......I was hoping I could apply again for fresh H1 next april.... I thought the 365 days is between the the time you leave to the start of the new H1......Thanks to Sh4kh....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X