Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First DWI with other charges- consequences

Hi everyone,

I have been arrested for DWI in north carolina.i have valid stamp till september 2022.I am going to get married next year as i am engaged already. I am looking for new client as my current project is finished. I have been charged with open container, reckless driving and DWI from the same incident

1)
    WILL these additional cases make me inadmissible?

2)In that case will i have to go to stamping in India?

3)At the port of entry will the officer pull me and my wife aside and question me infront of my wife?

4)right now i am planning to plead guilty to close this case before marriage

I KNOW I DID A GRAVE MISTAKE. BEEN HAVING HARD TIME FORGIVING MYSELF. HOPEFULLY, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH. THIS IS MY FIRST OFFENSE

regards

This is a serious issue. You should talk to an immigration lawyer ASAP to understand and mitigate the risks. Do not travel unless you have done this.

1)WILL these additional cases make me inadmissible?
    CBP at Port of entry will make the determination when you return from India.

2)In that case will i have to go to stamping in India?
    If you have been deemed inadmissible, you will need to apply for a visa at a consulate. This is assuming you are not barred from entry for 1/5/10yrs etc.

3)At the port of entry will the officer pull me and my wife aside and question me infront of my wife?
    Yes, most likely. When you were taken to the Police Station, they fingerprinted you. These databases will alert the immigration officer when they scan your visa and fingerprints at the port of entry. You will be sent to secondary for a more detailed interview. If your wife travels with you, she too will be a part of that interview.

4)right now i am planning to plead guilty to close this case before marriage
    DO NOT DO ANYTHING till you talk to an immigration attorney. They will advise the best course of action and work with your civil/criminal attorney to ensure this does not come to haunt you later.
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X