Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 visa to H1b change of status

Hi all,

I am currently on L2 visa, and got EAD.I have recently got approved H1 which is valid till Sept 2011.

My queries,

1) Which is the best way to shift from L2 visa to H1b, if I need to hold my H1 visa?

2) If I have to work on L2 EAD, do I need to work with my H1B employer, if I need to do COS from L2 to H1b later.

3) How to do COS from L2 to H1b.

4) Do I have to go out of country and get it stamped to enter on H1b into US?

Please answer my queries.Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Devarsh

1) Which is the best way to shift from L2 visa to H1b, if I need to hold my H1 visa?
    >>> Was your H1B filed as a COS from L2? If yes, then you are already in H1B status and you should be working and getting paid bythe H1B employer. Otherwise you will go out of status on H1B.

2) If I have to work on L2 EAD, do I need to work with my H1B employer, if I need to do COS from L2 to H1b later.
    >>> You can work with any employer. Read the above answer. If you are in H1B status now, then you need to go out of the country and return back on L2 visa to get back to L2 status.

3) How to do COS from L2 to H1b.
    >>> H1b employer need to do that and they would know how to do it.

4) Do I have to go out of country and get it stamped to enter on H1b into US?
    >>> You don't need to do that if the H1B is approved as a COS (meaning, the H1B approval came with a new I-94).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X