DSC160 Question help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSC160 Question help needed

I am with Employer A and recently got my H1B visa transferred to a new employer B before coming to India. I need to get my visa stamped in India again as it has expired. I will be going to visa stamping with my new "Employer B" I797 petition.
    I am filling the DS 160 form and there is a question:
    "Present Employer or School Name:"

Do I need to give Employer A or Employer B name as my present employer? as I have not yet joined the new Employer B.
    Please help me on this.

If going on new employer's I-797, that will be your present employer.
    If you didn't join, don't go for visa stamping on that petition.

Comment

Enter the information of the employer whom will you be working for when you return back to U.S.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks you so much for the answers.

One more question:

I am also planning to take my wife for her H4 stamping, do you suggest me to take her with me for the stamping in this case where I am joining the new Employer B or first I do my H1B stamping, and then send my wife for her H4 visa after a month when I have my salary slips with my new employer?

Also How should I handle the situation in the visa interview as I do not have salary slips with the new employer as I will be joining them after going to US? but I have salary slips with the present employer.
        Last edited by webguy; 06-25-2010, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Advisable to book the appointment for H1B and H4 together. That way, she will have less questions to face. The VO is not going to expect you to show payslips from a company for which you haven't started working? You need to show payslips for the period that you were in H1B in U.S to prove that you maintained your status. So carry all the latest pay slips from the previous employer and that will do.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X