L1 to H1 transfer COS vs. Consular Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 transfer COS vs. Consular Notification

Hi - I am currently in US on L1B visa. My application got picked up in second H1B lottery and my lawyers are currently filing it. I had a question on whether I should apply using Consular Notification or Change of Status. My wife is also in the US and she was planning to apply for L2 to get a job here. So, I am thinking of applying for Consular Notification. My questions are:
    1. Is there any risk in applying for Consular Notification vs. Change of Status?
    2. Once approved for Consular, how much time do I have to activate my H1? My L1B visa’s first 3 years are ending in May 2021 and I was planning to file an L1 extension then

Hi Member,
    Please see my response below.
    Is there any risk in applying for Consular Notification vs. Change of Status?
    Answer: No. Both will be in same process and procedure only. Change of status approval will reduce your travel to abroad for obtaining visa. But, consular processing will force you to get visa, if you want to change the status soon.
    Once approved for Consular, how much time do I have to activate my H1? My L1B visa’s first 3 years are ending in May 2021 and I was planning to file an L1 extension then
    Answer: It is upon your H1B petitioner decision or your willingness. You are authorized to utilize either one.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X