X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Extn with 140 Approved

Hi

Sorry if this is a repeated question.
    I am going to apply for H1 Extn in July. My Visa is getting expired in Aug'2010. I have 140 approved in EB2. I still have around 1 year left in the 6 year.

Now my questions are:
    1. Is client letter mandatory? What are the chances of approval or rejection in case of availability/non availability of Client Letter?
    2. Will approved 140 add any weightage to the extn (my frnd got 3 yr, beyond the 6 yr slab)?
    3. Top Indian IT based companies applying for extn Vs the third party vendor's applying for extn?

Any response to the above queries or even any further information will help me a lot.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jay

1. Is client letter mandatory? What are the chances of approval or rejection in case of availability/non availability of Client Letter?

client letter is required along with end date of project to show proof of employee-employer relation. Approval/denial chances depend if no RFE is raised or any additional documentation is not required.

2. Will approved 140 add any weightage to the extn (my frnd got 3 yr, beyond the 6 yr slab)?

there is no benefit given.Both h1 and I-140 are independent processes. You may receive 3 year extension, based on project end date on the client letter.

3. Top Indian IT based companies applying for extn Vs the third party vendor's applying for extn?

Does not matter which employer is sponsoring

Comment

1. Is client letter mandatory?
      >>> Yes (If you are primarily working at the client location). If you cannot produce the client letter, then your company should at least produce the SOW between your company and the client.

What are the chances of approval or rejection in case of availability/non availability of Client Letter?
      >>> Chances of RFE/denials are little high when there is no client letter.

>>> With an approved I-140, you can get upto 3 more years of extension beyond the 6th year (Provided yor company showst\ the project itenary for the next 3 years).

>>> Same. All that matters is the documents that you submit and if your company is able to reply to the RFE's promptly with the required information.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

client letter vs sow

I guess my company will use SOW. but shall i push for Client letter against the SOW?

Comment

Client letter will add a lot of value. Client letter + SOW will put more weightage on your petition.

Originally posted by jaig01 View Post
          I guess my company will use SOW. but shall i push for Client letter against the SOW?
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks

thanks for your quick response. I will try to get as much as documents possible, client letter and the SOW also.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
            Client letter will add a lot of value. Client letter + SOW will put more weightage on your petition.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X