Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Scheduling Appointments @ Hyderabad

Hi All,

I was trying to schedule a VISA appt @ Hyderabad consulate. Even if I select Hyderabad in the dropdown, it always shows me the calendar with the work Mumbai @ the top of it.
    I'm using IE 6. & I have selected options related to "persons already working in USA"
    Look @ the attachment.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Thanks
    B
    Attached Files

Does it mean that Hyderabad doesn't have any slots available??

Thanks
    B

Comment

Yes, that means no slots in Hyd right now.
      You can attend interview anywhere though.

Keep checking for Hyd.

Comment

Hi,

Now in this case (when I don't see any appointments @ Hyd), is it safe for me to schedule @ Chennai. Wud there be any issue with the Visa Officer saying "Why did u come to Chennai when u have a consulate @ Hyd?". Would saying "I didnt find any appointment @ Hyd and also my vacation is till Aug 22 & I need to be back in office by then " be a valid answer?

I understand that I have to submit a new D160 form. But can I use the same dat file that I used earlier when scheduling @ Hyd?

Plz advice.

Thanks
        B

Comment

If you are not a returning H1B worker, then you cannot select any other consulate other than the one that falls under your consular district. You can check with the Chennai VFS help desk and I am sure they will give you the same information.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_bobbie View Post
            Hi,

Now in this case (when I don't see any appointments @ Hyd), is it safe for me to schedule @ Chennai. Wud there be any issue with the Visa Officer saying "Why did u come to Chennai when u have a consulate @ Hyd?". Would saying "I didnt find any appointment @ Hyd and also my vacation is till Aug 22 & I need to be back in office by then " be a valid answer?

I understand that I have to submit a new D160 form. But can I use the same dat file that I used earlier when scheduling @ Hyd?

Plz advice.

Thanks
            B
            If you have returned from USA to India on vacation then you can select An Indian citizen resident in the US and schedule an appointment in Chennai

Am not a legal advisor,using the information provided by me is at your own risk

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X