Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Extension 7th year Query

Dear All:

I came to US on L1 – stayed for 5 years, later changed my status to H-1 to gain a year stay.

But due to some reason, my company could not file for my GC till now.

Currently even my H-1 expires by November 10, 2010. I am looking for the option to extend my stay in US without having 1 year gap.

I have 120 Days in my hand to recapture. With this information in hand I explored below options.

Option 1: Change my status to L1-A (Without moving out of US)
    Option 2: Get Blanket L1 Visa Stamping thru my company under L1-A category & travel back to US. (With moving out of US)
    Option 3: Recapture the days in hand and later apply for COS to L1-A.

Please suggest your view as per above options. Do let me know if you can look at any other options available.

Thanks,
    Aman

Option 1: Change my status to L1-A (Without moving out of US)
    >>> I don't think COS from H1B to L1A is an option. Consult your company's immigration attorney.

Option 2: Get Blanket L1 Visa Stamping thru my company under L1-A category & travel back to US. (With moving out of US)
    >>> That is an option. Go out of the country, get the L1A stamped and return back. I am not sure what you mean when you put "travel back to U.S" and "Without moving out of U.S in the same sentence."

Option 3: Recapture the days in hand and later apply for COS to L1-A.
    >>> You can recapture the days spent outside U.S in H1B (if you have any). But I don't think COS to L1a is an option.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X