Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest way to get a H1-B today

Current Situation:
    • I was on an H1-B working in USA. I quit and came back to India 7 months ago.
    • At the time I quit I had an I-797A form from the US Govt that shows that I have the H1-B visa (work permit) valid till 06/08/2011. But my H1-B visa on my passport had expired in Sept 2009.
    • I have just been hired by another company to work in USA 2 days ago.

Questions:
    • What will be the fastest way to get an H1-B, as I assume I will need a new H1-B for the new employer?
    • What will the earliest (approx) date by when I can expect to be working in the US?
    • I am Indian, and my wife is German. What kind of a visa will I need for her, and how will that impact my schedule of starting work in the US?

Thanks.

* Yes, you need new employer to transfer H1
    * As soon as you get visa on new approved H1, you can travel and start working (2-3 months)
    * She can be on H4 as a dependent. No impact on your work. You can both go for visa and travel at any dates.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

What are the aspects that will take in total 2-3 months to get my I-797A and then the Visa?

What will be the fastest way to do this, and how long will that take?

Thanks.

Comment

Since your case will an H1B transfer, you can ask the employer to go for premium processing (additional $1000) which will get you a result within 15 days. If the petition gets approved, then you need to get the visa stamped to travel. If you act quick, you can try and get these done within a month (assuming you can find a visa appointment date quickly after getting the approval notice).

Originally posted by test2010 View Post
        Thanks for the info.

What are the aspects that will take in total 2-3 months to get my I-797A and then the Visa?

What will be the fastest way to do this, and how long will that take?

Thanks.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for the advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X