Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B to H4 COS??

Hello everyone,,,

I am currently on an H1B visa, valid till May 2022. I have decided to resign from my job effective 7/31/2020. My wife has an H1B through her employer, valid till Dec 2022. On 5/22/2020, I submitted form I-539 to change my status from H1B to H4 dependent on my wife's H1B. omegle xender I requested a start date of 8/1/2020 for the new status.

1. If I don't get my H4 change of status approved by 7/31/2020, will I have to leave the country right away? Or does the 60 day grace period apply in my situation as well?

2. If I can stay in the country, am I able to enroll in college in the US while the COS is pending?

Thanks!
    Last edited by MaristFernas; 10-16-2020, 01:39 AM.

Hi,
    1. If I don't get my H4 change of status approved by 7/31/2020, will I have to leave the country right away? Or does the 60 day grace period apply in my situation as well?
    Answer: You no need to leave the country while change of status petition is pending. Please make sure, you filed change of status petition before the current status/ I-94 expires. If so, you will not have any issues staying in the USA with the help of pending COS petition.
    2. If I can stay in the country, am I able to enroll in college in the US while the COS is pending?
    Answer: I dont think so you can do this. Kindly check with DSO.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X