32 hours/week on H1-B visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 hours/week on H1-B visa

If I am hired as a full time employee on H1 B visa. Can I work for 32 hours per week instead of the standard 40 hours ? If so, then what needs to be done while filing my H1-B visa?

Thanks

Full time employment typically means 40 hours a day. Your H1B and LCA should be approved to work for 32 hours. By the end of the year, your W2 should be equal to more more than what is specificed in your LCA.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Full time employment typically means 40 hours a day. Your H1B and LCA should be approved to work for 32 hours. By the end of the year, your W2 should be equal to more more than what is specificed in your LCA.
      Thanks for replying. Are there any challenges while applying for 32 hours. I am already on my H1-B so this would be a transfer. Are there any chances my H1-B would be revoked totally ?

I did not understand your comment on W2 and LCA. Can you please explain ?

Comment

Are there any challenges while applying for 32 hours. I am already on my H1-B so this would be a transfer. Are there any chances my H1-B would be revoked totally ?
        >>> No issues. The max that can happen is that your transfer could get denied. H1B won't be revoked.

I did not understand your comment on W2 and LCA. Can you please explain ?
        >>> W2 is the your tax returns that you file with IRS. LCA need to get approved for you to work for any state. LCA should have the information of the job, location and wages. By the end of the year your W2 (annual income) should be equal to or more than what is specified in your LCA.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X