Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b - Rental Property - Opening an LLC

Hi,

Me and My wife are currently on H1b. We own a house right now and are looking to buy another house. We are looking to rent the current house after moving into the new house. Could you please help me with the below Questions in this context:

1.) Is it okay for an H1b to Rent Houses? Are there any Tax related / Immigration related things that I may have to be aware of ?

2.) Can I open an LLC for the rental property? Is Opening an LLC a violation of H1b Laws?

Thank You.

Yes, you can surely rent or buy a house using H1b visa. Renting is more profitable because even if your visa expires you will not have to bother about selling. On the other hand opening an LLC is a violation of H1b Laws.

Comment

Well, it's been a while since you asked that question. It would be interesting to know what happened next with your family and how you dealt with the problems. I hope you were able to get a green card and become our fellow citizens. If so, I can congratulate you! If not, I wonder if you were able to carry out your plans. As for the opening of an LLC, I know that many Americans buy land in Canada or in Mexico and other South American countries to save money. And only then their services are rendered in the USA as a foreign LLC. A friend of mine bought land in EcoQuintas specifically for this, so buying land outside the USA may be a way out for you.
      Last edited by fairboy; 05-20-2022, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Did not open an LLC. Rented out the property and hired a property manager.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X