H1 to H4 to H1 Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 to H1 Urgent

I have applied for H1 to H4 COS 3 weeks back (h1 valid till sept 02,2010) and got receipt from USICS .

Now i got assignment . Can I apply for H1 transfer(from old employer to new employer) while COS (h1->h4) is in Pending? Please Advise asap.

thanks

Yes. You can transfer the approved H1b to a new employer but will not be valid until Sep.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      Yes. You can transfer the approved H1b to a new employer but will not be valid until Sep.
      I don't understand why it not valid till Sept 2010.
      When should i cancel/revoke H4 petition which i have applied 3 weeks back.After getting new h1 petition or before?

Comment

First step, cancel the H1 to H4 transfer, which is pending. Then transfer h1 to h1 to new employer with 2 latest paystubs.

Or otherwise, if your h4 gets approved, you need COS h4 to h1 and if you have assignment waiting for you then process it with premium.

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]

Comment

Originally posted by sri111 View Post
          I don't understand why it not valid till Sept 2010.
          When should i cancel/revoke H4 petition which i have applied 3 weeks back.After getting new h1 petition or before?
          I understood that your H1b start date was Sep 2nd, 2010. My bad.

Anyway, if you want your transfer to be approved as a EOS, you should have been on H1b currently and getting paid. Read about "bridging" on the forum.

Cancelling the H4 COS may be risky unless the new H1b is filed as a Premium case. You will understand why after reading bridging posts.
          Last action rule applies in all cases.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by milda View Post
            First step, cancel the H1 to H4 transfer, which is pending. Then transfer h1 to h1 to new employer with 2 latest paystubs.

Or otherwise, if your h4 gets approved, you need COS h4 to h1 and if you have assignment waiting for you then process it with premium.

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]
            Not a good idea to cancel the H4 COS immediately. Better get the H1b approved and deal with H4 cancellation. Read about bridging to understand why.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X