Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on L1 to H4 transfer

Hi,

My husband is on L1 and he is planning to quit his job. I am on H1 and we both work for the same company.

I think the company will not do a transfer .
    Is there a way he can file the change of status from the US?
    Can he quit his job as soon as he files the transfer?

Also, my extension is currently in progress. How will this affect his transfer.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Your post isn't clear enough. Whay exactly are you planning to do? There is no transfer for L1. Are you planning to change his status to H4 based on your H1B? Or apply for a COS from L1 to H1B?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

COS is his own application not your employer's. Some employer's assist in filing the application but they don't have to.
      He should file his COS using your petition approval notice, your I-94 and proof of marriage.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

L1 to H4 Transfer

@shervin143:-Sorry for not being clear:- I am trying to get his status from L1 to H4.

@Kabkaba:- Thanks for the info. Can he file it from the US? Will he be legal as soon as he files the change of status?

Comment

He can file his change of status from L1 to H4 based on your approved/pending H1B petition. Check the below links

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

The COS to H4 need to be filed before he goes out of status on L1 (USCIS advises to file the COS at least 45 days in advance). He can stop working upon receiving the receipt notice from USCIS. Alternatively, he can also continue to work for the L1 employer until the H4 gets approved.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X