Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct petition number in DS 160 (Extension I 797 or Amendment I 797)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct petition number in DS 160 (Extension I 797 or Amendment I 797)

Hello Everyone,

I do have questions regarding the correct Petition Number in DS 160 for my spouse(H4).

H1b Background:
    I have applied for an H1b extension in March and got approved for a long duration.
    Later on, in between the pandemic situation, my Job location and client got changed in June.
    Then I applied for Amendment and it got approved with the same duration as what I have in extension I797.

But in between Extension and Amendment;
    After extension approval, my spouse filled DS160 and booked an appointment but it got canceled due to the Pandemic.
    Now again we booked an appointment but here we booked with the same DS160 in which we mentioned petition number of Extension approval I797.

Here is my question:
    1. Do we need to update DS160 (New DS160) and make a change with Amendment Petition Number?
    2. or not need to update DS160 with New petition Number because it's just a change of location, not actual approval.
    3. is there any impact of it on my spouse Interview and profile?

Please suggest me, it will be really helpful for me.

An 'Amendment' for all practical purposes a petition in itself. The latest amendment takes precedence over all previous extensions. You will need to mention your latest petition number in DS 160

Comment

Originally posted by Visa.Seeker View Post
      An 'Amendment' for all practical purposes a petition in itself. The latest amendment takes precedence over all previous extensions. You will need to mention your latest petition number in DS 160
      Thank you for your update, its very hard to decide now for me. I am not getting any help from anywhere and you appear for me thank you for details.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X