Sharing H1B interview details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing H1B interview details

Pleased to inform that my visa interview went well. Just want to share with you all

My interview was scheduled at 0830hrs at Chennai. We reached the consulate by 0730hrs. Stood in the long line outside the gate. The line moved quickly.
    NO BAGS, CELL PHONES, ELECTRONIC ITEMS, FOOD AND ANY OTHER ITEMS WERE NOT ALLOWED. Only the application docs were allowed.
    At the gate, they checked the interview confirmation letter and Passport. Then we went inside thru security check. They checked each and every files. Then went inside and waited for the call. After waiting for couple of minutes, we were asked to stand in the line and wait for the call. When we got a call, we went to the counter where they checked each and every document - interview confirmation letter, HDFC receipt, DS-160 form confirmation page, passports, I797 form (only mine; did not check my wife and kids I-797 forms).
    They did not accept the photos attached as they found them not clear. I was asked to take new photos. Luckily they had photographer within the office itself. The fee for each photo was Rs100/-. So better carry some cash for emergency like this. They dont accept any credit card. Then we went to same counter where all docs were again checked. Then they gave me the packet with all these papers and passports.
    I was asked to wait. Then I was asked to go to VO counter.

VO: Good morning
    Me: Good morning
    VO: Pls give your papers
    I gave the papers through the window
    VO: Pls give your payslips and appointment letter
    I gave all payslips for the last 6 months and appointment confirmation letter
    Then VO was looking at the computer.
    VO: What is your company doing?
    Me: gave background abt my company
    VO: asked specific question related to our business field
    Me: NO
    VO: Checked our company website and asked whether Mr. ... was working there.
    Me: Yes. He is working as..............
    VO to my wife: Madam, where do you live in US?
    My wife: New York
    VO: What is your position in your company?
    Me: answered
    VO: How many years have you been in US?
    Me: abt 3 years
    VO: Where are your childrens?
    I showed them as one of them was playing around
    VO: What is your salary:
    Me: USD............... per annum
    VO: Ok sir. You visa has been approved. You should be getting your passports by next week
    Me: Thank you madam

Be confident and prepare with all required docs.

Best of luck to everyone

Congratulations!
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X