Eligibility for dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eligibility for dropbox

I recently renewed my passport[in Sep] and H1B visa[in July]. Am I eligible for Dropbox in this scenario? If not, is it safe to travel to India given the US embassy is allowing only emergency appointments[for biometric/stamping]? Please let me know if my understanding is incorrect.

Hi Member,
    If your passport is expired and got new passport and you have already visa validity then you dont want to go for stamping again. Please see below US Embassy answer for the same.

If your visa is valid and unmarked or undamaged, you can travel with your two passports together (old and new), if the purpose of your travel matches your current nonimmigrant visa. Also, the name and other personal data must be the same in both passports, and both passports must be from the same country and of the same type (i.e., both tourist passports and both diplomatic passports).

And regarding Dropbox eligibility, if your current non-immigrant visa is still valid or expired within 48 months then you will be eligible for drop box( I answered this question as per the information you provided. More details about drop box eligibility for various reasons at this moment must be go through in the DOS website)

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X