Urgent Help required - L1B to H1B Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help required - L1B to H1B Transfer

I am currently on L1B working for Infosys. Company B has filed H1B with COS from Nov 1, Now as Company B is filing by premium processing, the acceptance will come in 15 days. so after H1B acceptance -
    > Can I go back to India or in an event of resignation with Infosys, if they call me back to india before my status changes to H1 from Nov 1. What will be implications.
    > If I am stay in US till Nov 1, in how many days after my change of status can i serve notice with Infosys or precisely by how many days can I delay my joining with company B post Nov 1. Actually notice period with Infosys is 3 month, I am not sure how much is applicable at onsite.
    > If Infosys releases me prior to Nov 1 when my status is not changed to H1, how many days can i stay and wait for my status to change to H1 so that i can start working with company B.
    > Also company B gives me option to file petition on consular notification petition where i will have to get H1 stamped from India. Which option is better COS or the other?
    Your help will be highly appreciated.

> Can I go back to India or in an event of resignation with Infosys, if they call me back to india before my status changes to H1 from Nov 1. What will be implications.
    >>> No implications. You need to get the H1B stamped to return back to work in H1B status. You will need to return the I-94 that came with the H1B approval notice when you leave the country.

If I am stay in US till Nov 1, in how many days after my change of status can i serve notice with Infosys or precisely by how many days can I delay my joining with company B post Nov 1. Actually notice period with Infosys is 3 month, I am not sure how much is applicable at onsite.
    >>> Effective November 1st, your employment with Infosys is illegal. You have to be working for the H1B employer and get paid to maintain the H1B status.

If Infosys releases me prior to Nov 1 when my status is not changed to H1, how many days can i stay and wait for my status to change to H1 so that i can start working with company B.
    >>> In that case, you will need to leave the country immediately. Otherwise you will go out of status on L1 and it may cause issues when you go for stamping later.

Also company B gives me option to file petition on consular notification petition where i will have to get H1 stamped from India. Which option is better COS or the other?
    >>> Advantage with Consular processing is, whenever you are ready to work on H1B, you can just leave the country, get the H1B stamped and return back. With COS, you have to start working effective the COS start date. Advantage of COS is, you don't need to go for stamping immediately to start working in H1B status.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

What is the result....

Hi,

Want to confirm in your case , what happen in L1-B to H1-B Case, did your L Employer did termination in 1 day instead of 15 days or your case went through smoothly.

Im also in the same boat buth with different employers.

Please help me !!

Regards,
      L1toH1

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X