H1B Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer

I am in my 6th year of H1B with Employer A. I got my i140 approved in Oct 2020. Since my extension was filed before i140, I got my extension approved till oct 2021(end of 6th year). Next extension will be based on i140, which will be for 3 years.

Question: Can I transfer H1B to employer B after 6 months (May 2021) and get a 3 year extension with my new employer based on i140 OR I will need to wait with my current employer A for 3 year extension based on i140 and then change employer?

Hi,
    Here is my response.
    Question: Can I transfer H1B to employer B after 6 months (May 2021) and get a 3 year extension with my new employer based on i140 OR I will need to wait with my current employer A for 3 year extension based on i140 and then change employer?
    Answer: If you get new offer then Yes. you can transfer your H1B to another Employer and use Previously Approved I-140. With that, you can seek 3 years of H1B Approval. But please make sure, your I-140 petitioner will not withdraw I-140 petition within 180 days.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X