H1b applying for greencard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b applying for greencard

Hi, I am writing to see if anyone has a similar experience, maybe able to give me some insight.

I am on an H1b visa, physician from Canada. Doing J1 waiver (I had a J1 prior). I married a US citizen while I had a J1, but had to do a waiver anyways.

Anyways, during COVID19, I was looking for more things to do and ended up doing some online surveys from various sites (M3 global research, inCrowd) anyways, I did not think much of it as they pay in Amazon gift cards... however, they are now sending me a 1099-MISC.

I am a bit scared, as I know we are not allowed to do unauthorized work, but I honestly did not think of it at the time, not sure why I overlooked it.

Anyways, I spoke with my lawyer, and he said it is actually fine as I am married to a US citizen and have US citizen children so the "bar" against unauthorized work is not counted. He did say I should stop doing the surveys but not sure why if I am not going to hide it. I am going to file 1099-MISC on my tax records and I guess when I apply for my I-450 I would have to write down the surveys as a job....

Anyways, did anyone go through this? Does the USCIS officer even care?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X