Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone of you apply/get H1B during greencard process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone of you apply/get H1B during greencard process?

Hi,

When looking for H1B + greencard the only information I find is getting a greencard after H1B. However, there is the rare situation of an H1B application in parallel with a family based greencard application.

Background: Usually non-immigrant visas require non-immigration intent. However, filing a family based greencard application (I-130) declares immigration intent. The only notable exception is the H1B visa which is dual-immigration intent. Hence it is the only visa which can be applied for during a pending greencard process. I am in this situation where we applied for family based greencard and my employer sponsored H1B via premium processing. I am not subject to quotas and schedules, so right now I expect H1B to be faster than the greencard although greencard process is fairly advanced. Most likely, the embassy will have two applications and schedule two interviews for me.
    Did anyone of you do your H1B in parallel with your greencard or know someone who did?

I'd like to know your experiences and if there are any things along the way which I should take care of?

Thanks a lot!

Disclaimer: This is related to https://www.immihelp.com/forum/famil...ng-in-parallel (but the other way round). I'd be curious about both perspectives.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X