No announcement yet.

Experience of drop box application and documents required (H1B) Delhi /India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience of drop box application and documents required (H1B) Delhi /India

Hello,
    I have a dropbox appointment for H1B visa in New Delhi in January '21.
    I have the below questions:
    1. Apart from Passport, confirmation, photos, I797A copy which other docs did you submit?
    2. Is I797A photocopy sufficient or do we need to submit the original doc?
    3. Do we need to submit paystubs, resume, H1B LCA copy?
    4. What is the risk if someone on my behalf submits the packet?
    5. What is the process of submitting the packet on my behalf?
    6. What is the generic experience and how long it takes at the dropbox appointment?
    7. How long did it take for the VISA to be issued after the dropbox appointment?

Appreciate your responses.
    Thank you.

Hello

The Dropbox is authorized to VFS global : https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/index.html
    You will need to carry all originals and copy of the documents. No resumes or LCA copies needed. Copy of 797 should suffice.
    VFS verifies copies of all documents by themselves with original you handover at their location. This will be returned there itself after verification.
    Only passport will be held back for sending to consulate

Regarding a third party submitting the document is also acceptable, just ensure that they carry an authorization letter that you signed.

I hope it helps

Appreciate if you post the duration it took once you get the visa stamped. It helps the community to understand current time of processing,

Regards
    Yash

Comment

Can anyone please tell the average duration (days or weeks) it takes to get the passport back after drop-off in Delhi, India?

Comment

Thank you for post.

Comment

Hi Do we need original of I797A or just carrying the photocopy of i797 would suffice.

Comment

teastydaaru -
            Hi,
            We are to travel to India in April 2022 and when I try to book drop box appointment ( I am mentioning drop box, since we qualify for drop box as per what the application says) it is showing OFC dates for November 2022. Does it means there are no visa interview drop box appointments until November 2022. How should we proceed now, should we go ahead and accept the November date? Will it let us choose another date for Visa as we move along the application. I am confused, please help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X