Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B to H4

Hi,

I have a valid H1B stamped from my current employer and I have never travelled to US. Now I am applying for H4 with my spouse H1b. My queries are:
    1) When I go for the interview, what are the chances that they will ask me about H1B.
    2) Will it be a problem? Like will they ask me a lot of questions on it?
    3) Will my H1b petition be cancelled? or its just the visa?
    4) I need to hand over my H1B petition to my current employer, without the original petition will I be able to transfer my H1B to a different company later after I am in US with H4?
    5) Is there any restriction that one cannot go for COS until 6 months or 1yr?

1) When I go for the interview, what are the chances that they will ask me about H1B.
    >>> They usually won't. It is not mandatory to travel after getting the visa. If asked, you can always explain the reason why you didn't travel.

2) Will it be a problem? Like will they ask me a lot of questions on it?
    >>> No.

3) Will my H1b petition be cancelled? or its just the visa?
    >>> Just the H1B visa might get cancelled.

4) I need to hand over my H1B petition to my current employer, without the original petition will I be able to transfer my H1B to a different company later after I am in US with H4?
    >>> Possible. Keep a copy of the H1B approval notice.

5) Is there any restriction that one cannot go for COS until 6 months or 1yr?
    >>> No.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

same visa class type

hi,

While scheduling the visa interview, there is a question that whether am I applying for the same visa class type. Please let me know whether I have to select yes or no.

As I previously, said I have a valid H1B visa stamping in my passport and applying for a H4 on my spouse's H1B, will that be a problem?

Comment

What is so difficult about this question? H1B and H4 are two different visa types. Since you have H1B stamped in your passport and you are now applying for H4 (different from the previous visa type), you obviously should select "No".
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X