X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Denied - Reason 212(f)

Hi All,

Need your help!!!

H1B Petition was approved on November 2020.
    Applied for Visa Stamping and got interview date of 8th Feb 2021.
    Went for Interview and were asked general questions.
    Visa Denied and form 212(f) was given which has following information

This is to inform you that a consular officer found you ineligible for a visa under section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, pursuant to Presidential Proclamation 10052. Today's Decision cannot be appealed.

Taking into account the provisions of the Proclamations, a consular officer has determined that you are not eligible for an exception.
    However, you may reapply for a visa at any time. If you decide to reapply, you must submit a new visa application form and photo, pay the visa application fee again, and make a new appointment to be interviewed by a consular officer.
    If you choose to reapply, you should be prepared to provide information that was not presented in your original visa application, or to demonstrate that your circumstances have changed since that application.

My Questions

1) I assume it is temporary denial and is because of the travel ban. Is my understanding correct.
    2) Can I reapply for the visa with the same petition.
    3) If I reapply for the visa, will that be approved, considering that it was refused because of Travel ban.

Thanks,

Raj

1) I assume it is temporary denial and is because of the travel ban. Is my understanding correct. --- yes, This is due to travel ban which is there until march 31st (PP#10052)
    2) Can I reapply for the visa with the same petition. -- yes, but you have to submit new DS160 and make payment again.
    3) If I reapply for the visa, will that be approved, considering that it was refused because of Travel ban. --- yes It will be approved but you have to appear at consulate after march 31st only.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X