Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-4 enter into US

Hello
    Recently I transfer my H1-B and it'll expand up to mar, 2010. But in my visa printed old employer valid up to sep25 2010. My wife went to India on july23 2010. My question is she can enter US Aug end or sep 1st week? or she suppose to go to embassy and get stamping for next 3 years. she is in H-4. and her passport also printed my old employer valid up to sep 25. 2010. please some one help me which way is best she can enter into USA. Thanks

Has your new petition been approved?
    Visa can be used even on the last day, but must be accompanied by an approved petition for entering the US. I-94 is given according to petition. If your wife shows your old petition and new petition receipt (if still pending), she will be given I-94 acc. to old petition and she must file I-539 before her I-94 expires. If she comes after your petition approval, she can show the new notice and get I-94 upto the new notice.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

If your wife's current H4 visa is valid, then she can re-enter. H4 has nothing to do with your employer. So she doesn't need to go for stamping just because you have changed your employer (Read the FAQs in immihelp). However, like mentioned in the previous reply, if you don't have the latest approval notice, your wife will get an I-94 only till the validity of your existing I-797 and you will need to file the extension for your wife before the I-94 given at the POE expires.

Originally posted by prabusp View Post
      Hello
      Recently I transfer my H1-B and it'll expand up to mar, 2010. But in my visa printed old employer valid up to sep25 2010. My wife went to India on july23 2010. My question is she can enter US Aug end or sep 1st week? or she suppose to go to embassy and get stamping for next 3 years. she is in H-4. and her passport also printed my old employer valid up to sep 25. 2010. please some one help me which way is best she can enter into USA. Thanks
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H4 - Enter into USA

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        Has your new petition been approved?
        Visa can be used even on the last day, but must be accompanied by an approved petition for entering the US. I-94 is given according to petition. If your wife shows your old petition and new petition receipt (if still pending), she will be given I-94 acc. to old petition and she must file I-539 before her I-94 expires. If she comes after your petition approval, she can show the new notice and get I-94 upto the new notice.
        yes. Her Visa is approved up to March 2013. but her passport stamping I-94 expire on sep 25 2010. so you telling she can enter into USA last day(i-e) sep 24, 2010. is that correct? let me know. In the board of entry(USA) they will ask her original new I-797 and my original I-797 also. Please let me know thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          If your wife's current H4 visa is valid, then she can re-enter. H4 has nothing to do with your employer. So she doesn't need to go for stamping just because you have changed your employer (Read the FAQs in immihelp). However, like mentioned in the previous reply, if you don't have the latest approval notice, your wife will get an I-94 only till the validity of your existing I-797 and you will need to file the extension for your wife before the I-94 given at the POE expires.
          Please let me know how can i file the extension for my wife at the POE?

Comment

You cannot file the extension at the POE. You have to file it with USCIS. You can file the extension of stay for your spouse based on your extended or pending H1B petition. The EOS can be filed 6 months in advance of the current I-94 expiry date. You need to file form I-539 for EOS. Check the below links

https://www.immihelp.com/form-i-539-...igrant-status/

Originally posted by prabusp View Post
            Please let me know how can i file the extension for my wife at the POE?
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you so much for you help.

Comment

I-539 is already approved
                when the POE she can show the I-539? Please let me know

Comment

You are seriously confusing things, provide the following details,
                  1. Your latest approved petition end date
                  2. Your wife's current location (I assume outside the US)
                  3. Your wife's Visa expiry date (Visa is what reads 'Visa' in her passport)

If 1 and 3 are both valid on the date of her entry, she will be able to enter the US. She will be allowed to stay in the US as long as you remain in H1 status up to the date in 1.

Comment

H4 - Enter into USA

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
                    You are seriously confusing things, provide the following details,
                    1. Your latest approved petition end date Mar 07 2013
                    2. Your wife's current location (I assume outside the US) India
                    3. Your wife's Visa expiry date (Visa is what reads 'Visa' in her passport) sep 25 2010

If 1 and 3 are both valid on the date of her entry, she will be able to enter the US. She will be allowed to stay in the US as long as you remain in H1 status up to the date in 1.
                    I hope you understand my case now.
                    Last edited by prabusp; 08-02-2010, 05:07 PM.

Comment

If she enters the US before Sep 25, 2010, she can show her existing Visa and a copy of your petition approval notice. Her I-94 will be till Mar 2013 meaning she is allowed to stay till 2013.

If she enters after Sep 25, she must apply for a Visa at a Consulate. Since she may want to travel outside the US later as well, she can apply for this Visa even if her return date is before Sep 25.

Comment

H4 - Enter into USA

Thank you so much....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X