Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact to H1B and GC Process - Change in Location

Hello
    Me and my wife are currently on H1B and PERM , I-140 are approved for both of us. We are currently in Midwest and considering moving to warmer state in South.
    Both of us don’t want to leave our current employer and where ever my employer has a branch in southern state my wife’s employer doesn’t and vice versa.

1. If I move to different state I believe my employer have to file for H1B amendment but not sure about PERM/I-140. Do they need to file for PERM/I-140 again.?
    2. What happens to my wife’s case if she has to move with me. Is she legally allowed to work remotely from different state if her employer doesn’t exist in the state. ?
    Is it possible to file for h1b amendment and PERM/I-140 for remote work. ?
    3. If I move to different state and comeback to my current location after 1 or 2 years, is my current PERM/I-140 would be still valid?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

Hi,
    Here is my thought on your question.
    1. Not required... You will need to file only H1B Amendment..
    2. Yes.. If she is going to work remotely and that is different county and state, you will have to file an Amendment but not required to file PERM/I-140 again..
    3. Yes.. Approved PERM and I-140 will be valid.. But, you will need to again file an Amendment for your new location..

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X