Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will the H1 quota be open this year? Any predictions ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will the H1 quota be open this year? Any predictions ??

Hi All,

I am currently in US on H4 dependent visa….. I have a Bachelors in Computer Science & Engg and 2.4 yrs of IT experience in India. I am planning to apply my H1 visa by November this year… Since we have a plan of going to India during October for some personal reasons and since I should be in States while my visa is being processed, I was advised to apply after coming back. So, we have delayed my appln process….

Can somebody let me know how long the quota will last for???? Any predictions from H1 experts?? Will I still have a chance of getting the visa if I apply in November ?? Please advise.

Nobody can predict that. Although I would say it will last longer than last year and cap was met on Dec 21 last year.
    H1 petition can be filed up to 6 months in advance. So an employer can request a start date of up to Feb 4, 2011 in a petition filed today. You can have the employer file as consular processing, visit home country, get the H1 visa, return in H1 status and start working whenever you want.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X