Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name check

Hi All,

I searched this forum and unable to find the answer about my question.

My question:

What did US Consulate officer in India check for in the name while H1B stamping.

(1) My name on I797 Approval notice has been filed by a new company is (last name,Firstname) XYZ ABC,FNU as per my previous H1B Visa.

(2) Now I changed my name to (surname,Given name) XYZ,ABC in my pass port while renewing.

I need to travel to India as some point of time and have to go for Visa stamping,

Will the different in names in I797 & Passport be a matter for stamping?

Do I need to change name on I797 with USCIS here before travelling? Can it be done because the approval is till 2012 October.

Please help with your answer.

Thanks

I searched this forum and unable to find the answer about my question.

My question:

What did US Consulate officer in India check for in the name while H1B stamping.
    ---- They check for common names that can trigger that you either belong to a banned organization/outfit and your activities can harm fellow citizens including yourself

(1) My name on I797 Approval notice has been filed by a new company is (last name,Firstname) XYZ ABC,FNU as per my previous H1B Visa.

(2) Now I changed my name to (surname,Given name) XYZ,ABC in my pass port while renewing.

I need to travel to India as some point of time and have to go for Visa stamping,

Will the different in names in I797 & Passport be a matter for stamping?

Do I need to change name on I797 with USCIS here before travelling? Can it be done because the approval is till 2012 October.

---- Yes, you have to get your name corrected on all official documents. In your case it is a non-immigrant visa/petition document

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X