Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa and Marriage registration in USA

Hello,

I am planning to get married later in the year. My fiancé and myself are residing in US and we are currently on H1B status. We would like to know if there are any advantages registering our marriage in the US(in a court without formal wedding ceremony) before leaving to India for our actual wedding. Both of us are due for stamping when we visit India. If either of our H1 stamping gets denied for some reason, would the marriage registration done in US play any significant role in obtaining a H4 visa in India or it does not have any effect as our marriage will be registered in India as well during our wedding? We do not want to live in different places for too long.

How long does it take to get a H4 Visa while applying from India? does it require only the DS-160 filled and submitted, with supporting documents and fees. Or is there a processing time like H1b, which can take upto 3-4 month based on standard processing.

Hi,
    I can answer for this question.
    How long does it take to get a H4 Visa while applying from India? does it require only the DS-160 filled and submitted, with supporting documents and fees. Or is there a processing time like H1b, which can take upto 3-4 month based on standard processing.
    Answer: Yes.. to obtain H4 visa from US consulate, Please fill up DS 160, Make payment then book the slot for VAC and Appointment. Once you done with Interview get visa then you can travel back to US with the help of H4 visa.. Obtaining H4 visa at consulate is quit easy than filing H4 petition.. Please make sure to carry all necessary documents at the time of H4 visa Interview.
    Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X