Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B transferred, wife H4 denied due to stamped i-94 expiry - any ideas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transferred, wife H4 denied due to stamped i-94 expiry - any ideas ?

Hi,

I am in a difficult situation that came up today.

I had worked for close to 10 years with Company A with a valid H1B till Apr 2021.

I traveled to India in July 2019 and came back in August 2019 and got a stamping with i-94 valid till today 04/15/2021 on Company A's H1b

But before I traveled to India (for urgent reasons) I had filed a H1B transfer to Company B and I had got it approved.

My approval for H1b with company B started in August 2019 to August 2022. I moved to company B in October 2019.

Everything has been fine till now.

I had applied for my wife H4 using the new I-797 of company B in June of this year (2021) and it got denied saying that i-94 is coming up for expiry.

I am now told to leave the country today (as my old I-94 that was stamped expires today 04/15) and get a new stamping.

Apparently during the filing of I-797 with company B, the lawyer didn't file some paperwork related to I-94

I would be really grateful if anyone came across this situation and provide any suggestion.

Thank you in advance
    Rajkumar
    Last edited by calerius; 04-15-2021, 06:41 PM.

Hi,
    Please contact your Immigration Attorney to get help on this.. You will need to extend your I-94 in order to be in safer side.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X