No announcement yet.

Need help regarding "Have you made any specific travel plans?" section in DS160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help regarding "Have you made any specific travel plans?" section in DS160

I am currently working in the US on H1B and planning to visit India on vacation next month and I have a question regarding the information required in the “Have you made any specific travel plans?” section of form DS-160. It has two options Yes/No. Select “No” when you are unsure about the travel plans and “yes” when you are sure about the travels plans. Well I am confused because I am only sure about the date of departure from India back to US when my vacation is complete, but not sure when I will be going back to India again. Please help on what I should select?

Thanks,
    Sonu
    Last edited by Mhd_k; 08-13-2010, 10:05 AM.

Nobody asked you about your India-to-USA plans.
    When you go to India for visa purpose, all they need to know is if you made any travel plans from India to US using that visa.

Comment

so what should i choose? yes or no..... i think i should choose yes because i do have plans to go back to my previous job in US, so that covers the arrival date, but what should i enter in the departure date?

Comment

where is that asked?

check this: https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-app...n-form-ds-160/

Comment

Thanks much for the reply!

It is asked in the travel information section. I read the informtion you have forwarded and it looks like i cannot select "No" because i am not completely unsure but iam sure about cetain information as i have my tickets confirmed to re-enter the US using the VISA, but again the problem is if i say yes then it is also asking for the departure date( i guess from US?).....so i thought i should select "Yes" and provide below details..

Date of arrival in the US: I will provide the date which i am sure.
          Arrival Fight: I am sure about the flight coz th tkts are confirmed.
          Arrival City: Iam sure about this also.

Departure from the US: not sure, so i am thinking to put my work permitt validity date...(is this okay?)
          Departure City: Not sure

Provide the locations you plan to visit in th US: I am sure...

Please suggest if selecting yes makes sense???

Thanks again in advance!
          Last edited by Mhd_k; 08-13-2010, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Select "Yes" and enter a date when you are planning to return back. It doesn't mean that you have to travel back on that exact date. If the date changes later, that is okay. They just want to know your tentative departure plans.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks so much!! I appreciate your response...!

Another questions that i have is,

If i pay the VISA applicaton fee in hyderabad then can i schedule the VISA apppoint at any other consulate such as Delhi or Mumbai? I am worried because when i look at the VISA appointment calender today then it is showing only New Delhi and Mumbai locations for the month of september.

I have also read somewhere that if you pay the visa fee at certain consuler district then you have make an appointment at the same consular district. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Comment

I don't think this is true. You can email the hdfc bank (Email id in the below link) or call VFS to confirm.
                https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/h...-branches.html

Originally posted by Mhd_k View Post
                I have also read somewhere that if you pay the visa fee at certain consuler district then you have make an appointment at the same consular district. Is this correct?

Thanks!
                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X