No announcement yet.

Need urgent help on DS 160 filed for H4 when I am joining a new employer on H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need urgent help on DS 160 filed for H4 when I am joining a new employer on H1

Hi ImmiHelp Gurus,

I seek immediate help on my situation and questions listed below. Please advise at your earliest convenience. Thank you in advance!
    • My current employer 'X' has filed my H1 visa amendment in March 2021 but I am waiting for my approved petition.
    • I have already filed DS-160 (with my employer 'X' details) for H4 visa for my spouse (who resides in India) and scheduled her H4 visa interview in June 2021.
    • But now I am planning to join a new organization 'Y' in May 2021.
    • This new employer 'Y' has agreed to file my H1 visa transfer petition in Premium processing.
    • So, do I need to submit a new DS 160 with this new employer 'Y' details for H4 interview?
      • Or, can we use the existing DS 160 with current employer 'X' for H4 interview?
    • Also, please advise if there are any other documents that needs to be submitted again for H4 visa interview in June 2021?
    Thanks & Regards!

Hi,
    When he/she attends the Interview, which Employer you work at that time, that details only you will need to provide.. if you have not submitted DS 160 then you can edit with new Employer details.. But, As you stated in your question, it seems you yet to file H1B transfer petition. If that is the case, since you already scheduled appointment better you just wait for stamping interview done then you can do H1B transfer, if possible. Otherwise, if you must transfer your Employment to new Employer then please update DS 160 with New Employer details and new receipt notice.
    Regarding documents for H4 stamping, please consider below documents along with other, if applicable.
    1. DS 160 Confirmation page
    2. Payment receipt copy
    3. Appointment confirmation page
    4. Passport for both H1B(Copy) and H4 applicant
    5. Copy of Marriage certificate
    6. Copy of marriage invitation
    7. Few wedding photos
    8. H1B Approval Notice
    9. copy of I-129 petition
    10. H1B Holder Employment verification letter
    11. H1B holder recent most 3 pay stubs
    12. LCA copy
    13. Client and vendor letters copy, if H1B holder works in third party location
    14. Copy of recent most W2 form
    Thanks

Comment

Thank you so much rkk09 for your valuable inputs. I really appreciate it!

My new employer 'Y' has filed my H1 transfer petition in April 2021 and I am currently waiting for the approved petition. I will be joining the new employer 'Y' in early May 2021.

Please note that I have already submitted DS 160 form (with my current employer 'X' details) and my spouse has already completed Biometrics in Feb 2021. Her H4 visa interview is scheduled in July 2021.

In this case, how to update the existing DS 160 which has already been submitted to schedule H4 visa interview ? Please advise. Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hi,
        In this matter, you will need to call customer support and get the help..
        Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X