Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deported on L1B-Applied H1B

Hi ImmiHelp members,

I was deported from Newark Liberty International Airport in early April 2010. I was on a L1B visa and was supposed to travel to St. Louis for my work assignement at my company's client location. The reason for deportation that CBP officers gave me was L1B is an intra company transfer and one is not allowed to work at client office premises even if his/her employer pays him the salary and the employee fills in his company's timesheets.

On my return, my company filed a petition for H1B and the petition is still under initial review.
    My Concerns:

1. Will there be any specific questions at the interview?

2. Will there be any problem in re entering the US if i consider my application and interview are successfully done?

Regards,
    Rohan

I was deported from Newark Liberty International Airport in early April 2010. I was on a L1B visa and was supposed to travel to St. Louis for my work assignement at my company's client location. The reason for deportation that CBP officers gave me was L1B is an intra company transfer and one is not allowed to work at client office premises even if his/her employer pays him the salary and the employee fills in his company's timesheets.

On my return, my company filed a petition for H1B and the petition is still under initial review.
    My Concerns:

1. Will there be any specific questions at the interview?

---- If you are applying for H1B, the questions will be specific to H1B. Browse immihelp for questions and possible responses

2. Will there be any problem in re entering the US if i consider my application and interview are successfully done?

---- If everything is successful, then why do you need to worry.

Subramanya

Comment

Was it expedited removal from the airport? Based on what was given to you at the airport, you may have to apply for a waiver. Any removal proceeding results in a 3 year ban usually. It really depends on if you purchased a ticket and left back or if they put you through expedited removal proceedings.

Talk to your company HR and immigration lawyer along with all documents presented to you at the airport by CBP.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Took flight back home.

I was asked to withdraw (and not cancel) my L1B visa application and the same was stamped on my visa on the passport. The airline converted my connecting flight ticket to the flight back home.

I am worried whether or not I shall be issued a visa again. I was finger printed and kept in confinement for a long time before i took the flight back home later.

I was given two docs : record of my sworn statement in proceedings under section 235 (b) (i) and my application for withdrawal of application for admission.
        (Non immigrant without a valid visa : 212 (a) (7) (B) (i) (II) )

PLEASE HELP me to understand whether or not i have apply for a waiver or not. Should i advise my company HR dept about the same?
        Last edited by rohanhood; 09-16-2010, 11:47 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X