Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time H1B Stamping, had simple question, help needed please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time H1B Stamping, had simple question, help needed please!!

I have a full time job, no worries, i have all the pay stubs, Its an InHouse project, no contracts etc.

I have all the documents legally.

I graduated on december 14th 2008. My OPT started on Nov 2008. I joined a desi consultancy on Dec 14th. I left them after that. But the mistake i have done is i never collected an offer letter from them, not even a copy of it.

I got the full time job on May 2009 and they filed my H1 B. When i filed the H1 B i haven't produced any offer letter form the consultancy. Clearly there is more than 90 days unemployment period when i filed. But my H1 B is approved on Oct 2009 without a problem.

Now the major problem is, when i am with the desi consultancy i reported my university with my employment details (because my univ said i am supposed to report the details for every six months during my OPT) and my Univ updated those details on my sevis number. Now according to my sevis i worked with two companies, the second company filed my H1 B, and i do not have the offer letter from my previous company(consultancy).

1.) will this 90 days unemployment period situation effects my H1 B stamping?
    2.)will i get a reject?
    3.) are they gonna check my sevis and ask for my previous offer letter?

i am afraid, experts please help me!!

1. No
    2. No
    3. No. Pay stubs are also proof of employment, and not just employment letter alone.

Comment

Re:

Thanks for your quick reply,

But i never had a paystub from cosultancy, i was never paid, just only had training with them. i had only paystubs from present employer.

Will it help if i call my consultancy and ask them for a volunteer letter instead coz we can do volunteer wrok during OPT.

Please reply me!!

Comment

In that case what good is just employment letter?

If asked by Visa officer for pay stubs/W2, then it might be a problem. If not, no issues.

Comment

What about the suggestion of volunteer letter?

If i get a letter from the consultancy that i have worked volunteerly, i dont need to show PayStubs, coz during volunteer work we will not get paid and it still counts as valid work during first 12 months of OPT.

Am i right or wrong about this? do you think this would work?

Comment

I think that should do.

Don't worry about OPT stuff. Current job is important.

Comment

Re: Thanks for the help!!

Thanks a lot Sk4ih,

I haven't got a volunteer letter, they said its a only Non Profit organization,s can issue Volunteer letters.

So i fought with them and they gave a copy of my actual offer letter from them. Since i left them and never got a project under them, they stamped on the offer letter that i am a Trainee.

So i have an offer letter, that says trainee and doesn't have any paystubs. As you said i wouldnt worry abt OPT stuff.

But just out of curiosity,

1.) My situation is ok right?
              2.) Can i go for stamping without worrying about this one?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X