Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about GC filing- Urgent Help required

Hi,

Iam currently work in the US for a healthcare company. i have been with this company 'A' for 4+ yrs which was agreed to do my GC when i joined them. But comapny A was acquired last yr and now the Parent company refuses to process my GC. The parent company also refuses to provide/ get involved in any GC process even if i plan to pay for the entire process.
    Now, my H1-B ( second term) is valid up until Sept 17th 2011.

the GC process states that the "labor certification ( which is now the PERM process) is for a job in future. so technically it is possible to work for a different employer while the person is on H1 with another comapny."

So my question is
    1. is the above statement still valid/ hold true as of July 2010.
    2. if yes, then can i continue to work for my current company 'A' and start the process of GC with another company 'B' ( a reliable consulting firm , if i can find someone to agree to do this)

to summarize, is GC for future employment still a valid scenario as of today.

Another point i needed to get validated was is it true that your PERM application has to filed 12 months prior to your H1 expiration?

Please help me with your replies. This will help me take a decision in the right direction. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

A. Green card is always for future job. Therefore, it holds true even today.
    B. If you want to stay in the U.S. beyond the initial 6 years, you must have your labor certification filed at least before the 5 years are over.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X