Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B VISA Renewal

Hi,

I am travelling to india next month and have to appear for the VISA stamping since my VISA has expired. I have completed all the documents such as DS-160, HDFC receipt etc. Now i am trying to schedule an appointment for the month of september and i am confused about an option when schduling the appointment which says "Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?". My H1B VISA exipired 01-Oct-2009 and i am looking for appointment on 07-Sept-2010.

My question is: Shall i say yes or no to the above question? because if i select "Yes" then i dont see any available appoinments for 07-Sept but if i say "No" then i do see some dates available. Based on the above dates, am i still eligible for VISA Renewal?

Another question is: In what way renewal differs from applying regular VISA? Is the process faster for renewal? or ...?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
    Last edited by Mhd_k; 08-18-2010, 10:57 AM.

Anybody please suggest!??

Comment

I am travelling to india next month and have to appear for the VISA stamping since my VISA has expired. I have completed all the documents such as DS-160, HDFC receipt etc. Now i am trying to schedule an appointment for the month of september and i am confused about an option when schduling the appointment which says "Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?". My H1B VISA exipired 01-Oct-2009 and i am looking for appointment on 07-Sept-2010.

My question is: Shall i say yes or no to the above question? because if i select "Yes" then i dont see any available appoinments for 07-Sept but if i say "No" then i do see some dates available. Based on the above dates, am i still eligible for VISA Renewal?
      >>> Do the calculation to see if your visa expired less than 12 months on the date of your visa interview. If yes, then answer "Yes", else answer "No".

Another question is: In what way renewal differs from applying regular VISA? Is the process faster for renewal? or ...?
      >>> There is no difference. The only difference is that you will see little more available interview slots for renewal.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks so much for the reply shervin!

But if i choose to go for regular VISA instead of renewal, then is this a problem?

Only reason i am thinking of doing this is beacuse i see my desired dates available for Regular VISA appointment but NOT for VISA renewals?

Your views please.....

Comment

Not a problem.

Originally posted by Mhd_k View Post
          Thanks so much for the reply shervin!

But if i choose to go for regular VISA instead of renewal, then is this a problem?

Only reason i am thinking of doing this is beacuse i see my desired dates available for Regular VISA appointment but NOT for VISA renewals?

Your views please.....
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

what is ur date of travel

Hey ..what is your date of travel and which consulate...i am going there sept 1st week..planning to schedule sept 7th.

Comment

@ KrizG: I reached india on 5th of september and my interview was on 8th Sept at Hyd consulate. Currently waiting on the admin processing. How was ur interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X