H1B Visa transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa transfer

I am on a H1B visa and am looking at switching companies. I was told at immigration in newark that if i am doing the same job the visa was issued for, i can transfer companies without needing a new visa because their is fluidity to the visa, i only need a new visa if i am doing something different.

Can anyone confirm or give me a second opinion? I am still woried because the visa states the name of one company and i will be working for a different one so i figured i needed to do something more.

she said as long as i had paychecks to prove i am still working, if its the same role in the new company, i do not need to do anything.

That information is correct. You don't need to get a new visa stamping when you go for a H1B transfer. You can re-enter U.S with the old visa issued for a diferent employer with a new approval notice. You can find this information in the FAQ section of immihelp.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

ok... but i so need to file a new application for a H1B? in order to get the approval notice? do i have to do the entire application process again?

Comment

I am not exactly sure what you are asking. You can work for a company in H1B status only if that company files an H1B petition on your behalf and if it gets approved. So if you want to work for a new company, then company need to file the H1B transfer and the transfer should get approved. H1B transfer is more like a new petition except that it uses the same CAP.

However you don't need to get a new visa (The one that is stamped in your passport) just because you have changed the eamployer.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

ok thanks. do you know what forms i have to fill out etc?

Comment

Your new employer has to fill all the forms. You fill nothing.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X