I-94 expired and received NOID(Notice of Intent to Deny) on H4 extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 expired and received NOID(Notice of Intent to Deny) on H4 extension

My wife got her Intent of Deny yesterday on H4 extension as she was in India at the time of extension filing. Also, currently, her I-94 is expired since Feb 2021, waiting for the extension application. The lawyer has advised me to travel outside the USA and apply for stamping at Embassy.
    1. My question here is that the 'Out of Status' period between I-94 expiry on Feb 2021 to May 2021 will negatively affect her stamping application?
    2. The official rejection hasn't come, so on the DS-160, can I still "NO" for the visa's past rejection/denial status?
    Please do guide me or suggest if I can talk to any immigration expert on the matter.

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    1. My question here is that the 'Out of Status' period between I-94 expiry on Feb 2021 to May 2021 will negatively affect her stamping application?
    Answer: Hope you would have filed H4 extension petition before her I-94 expires. I mean, you filed before Feb 2021. if so, then there are no issues.
    2. The official rejection hasn't come, so on the DS-160, can I still "NO" for the visa's past rejection/denial status?
    Answer: You will need to provide accurate Answer. Since you heard the update on the petition, you will need to provide exact Answer for all the questions in DS 160. But my understanding on the question is, It is asking Visa rejection and denials. Usually visa you will get from Embassy/consulate.. So cross verify again then provide the Answer.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X