Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can H-1B be transferred in parallel to extension ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can H-1B be transferred in parallel to extension ?

My H-1B visa is due in Sep end. My current employer is willing to extend the visa. 'll the twist is, I have a good offer in hand.

Now, I am in a fix if I can ask the 2 employer to initiate my transfer in parallel to my h1 extension by the 1 employer (as i cant tell my 1 employer to hold that) ? Or should I wait for the extension to be processed first and then initiate the transfer by 2 employer ?

Sincere advise would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

No issues. One or more employers can apply for your H1B transfer at the same time. You employer can also file the extension for you at the same time.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

There have been documented instances that I have run into on the forum(s) when USCIS has issued an RFE to each employer asking who is going to be the employer. This may bust your plan and let the employers know that you have both going on at the same time. This might possibly lead to both employers withdrawing the petition and leave you in trouble. Make up your mind as to which one to go with.

If you currently already have an extension going on, read about "bridging" posts on the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X