Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping and POE Concerns

Hi,

I am going to US Embassy, New Delhi for H1 stamping in Oct. My visa got renewed last year. Actually, I am working as a contractor at the client site. So, do I need to carry any documents related to my project contract i.e. Client Letter, Project workorder or any thing else. In any case I will be carrying a letter from employer.

POE Concern

I will be coming back at Newark Airoprt so is there any concern at POE related to client letter or project. Last year I heared many H1 candidates were not allowed to enter.

Pl. answer and let me know your suggestions.

Thanks,

Last year's incident have been resolved as that was a interpretation of a recent memo by the officer at POE in a different manner.

As far as documents go, carry everything, end client letter, a letter from your employer that they have control over you/what you do etc, carry recent performance evals that must be done yearly for employees etc. Read about recent H1b RFEs and carry everything that helps support the entire itinerary of your employment if there are many layers.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for response.

Actually, my client is not willing to give any letter which verifies my position with them. Is there any other alternative documents which I can ask from my vendor to confirm my position with the client. However, my employer will give me the employment verification letter.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X