Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B paypal payment

Hi All,

I will be entering US on H1B visa and I am just wondering if there is a way I can work on some freelancing projects for which I am not paid by my employer. As this is freelancing I will accept the payment directly in my paypal account. I wont give away my social security # in my paypal account since there wont be any income on my social at the end of the year Is this considered legal?

thank you...

I will be entering US on H1B visa and I am just wondering if there is a way I can work on some freelancing projects for which I am not paid by my employer. As this is freelancing I will accept the payment directly in my paypal account. I wont give away my social security # in my paypal account since there wont be any income on my social at the end of the year Is this considered legal?

---- It is by all means illegal to work for another project wehn you will be paid. The apyment can be in any form or to any account. On H1B you are restricted to work only for the employer sho sponsored you

---- It is not necessary for you to provise any details to anyone. The day IRS/DOL finds out that you are being paid illegally, they can reap untold consequences. There are if and buts for this. Be careful and be aware

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X