H4 EAD - Last name change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 EAD - Last name change

My husband has an approved H1 Extension. I also have approved H4 Extension along with H4 EAD. Recently I got renewed my passport with "Name change" (From maiden name to married name).

My H4 Extension (including I-94) and H4 EAD both has my maiden name.

Now, my question are
    1. Do I need to file EAD application again under my married name? Or Can I begin work with H4 EAD that has my maiden name?
    2. If I can work with H4 EAD which has maiden name then what name should I use while applying for job maiden name or married name?

3. In case if I have to file EAD application again with married name then what document I need to submit to get the updated EAD with married name?

Hi,
    Please see my response below.
    1. Do I need to file EAD application again under my married name?
    Answer: It is not required at this time. You can consider changing name when you file H4 EAD Ext.
    Or Can I begin work with H4 EAD that has my maiden name?
    Answer: You can consider the changed one. But, please use both the passports whenever it makes any questions.
    2. If I can work with H4 EAD which has maiden name then what name should I use while applying for job. maiden name or married name?
    Answer: You can proceed as per your new passport details. If any question raises, you can show your both the passports and can give clarification.
    3. In case if I have to file EAD application again with married name then what document I need to submit to get the updated EAD with married name?
    Answer: I think your new passport is good enough proof. Along with that, you can give some other photo identity documents confirming the same. Sometimes, affidavit would help on this matter.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X