Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently on F1 with H1 approved - issues with DMV

Hi,
    About me - I am on F1 visa with my initial OPT and have applied for my OPT extension under STEM and I have my H1 picked in this year's lottery and have the petition approved as well.

Issue - My Driver's License would be expiring on 07/05/21 so, I visited the DMV to renew it today but the agents at the DMV told me that my visa status on the DMV/USCIS/DHS system is updated to H1B (which should have happened on the Oct 1st, if I am right) and at the same time, I have submitted my OPT extension application, I have the receipt but I haven't heard anything about the approval yet from them - also, they said I will have to produce an original copy of the H1B visa if I have to get the renewal immediately (which wouldn't be possible as the change of status is still due to happen).

I think that this is an error in the system and I am not really sure how to address this as all my documents are correct and I do not have any direct communication link with the DHS/USCIS and the change of status is yet to happen as well.

Help - Could I get any advice as to what I should be doing to address this or any other suggestions from anyone who is concerned that could help me get the license renewed and let the concerned department know about this issue which might avoid the possible complications in the near future, please?

Hi,
    As you mentioned in first paragraph stating that, your H1B petition got approved then what you meant by change of status is yet to happen? If your petition got approved and it was filed under change of status request then it has approved right? Please request your Employer to share Original H1B Approval notice with you. With that, you can move forward..
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X