Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Interview in Chennai and NIE

Hello,

My wife and son's H4 visa appointment is booked in Chennai for July 26th. This was booked 3 months back and we all are in the US.We are travelling to India based on how these appointments are being treated and for now planning to travel sometime around July 15th. Now, few questions.

1. Are these appointments still being treated as normal or since it is not emergency, should I expect any surprises? (No cancellation email from consulate)
    2. What is NIE and should I get one for my dependents to attend this interview?
    3. Dependents Bio is in Delhi and Visa interview is in Chennai and yes, thats how I got it. Should I try rescheduling to the same place if I get one? The reason I am asking this is would consulate acknowledge any new reschedule considering there are lots of them pending.

Any help here is much appreciated.

Regards
    Vj

Any help is much appreciated

Comment

Hi,
      Please see my response below.
      1. Are these appointments still being treated as normal or since it is not emergency, should I expect any surprises? (No cancellation email from consulate)
      Answer: Yes.. During that time, If embassy will not resume for regular operations, they will send email with cancellation or asking for reschedule.
      2. What is NIE and should I get one for my dependents to attend this interview?
      Answer: During COVID 19 pandemic, US authorities introduced NIE which allows travel to the US for persons whose entry is of national Interest. To eligible for this, you will need to send an email to embassy with all supporting evidence. With that, they will respond about eligibility. There is some criteria to utilize this benefit. You can check concern country US embassy website to get more information before you request for this.
      3. Dependents Bio is in Delhi and Visa interview is in Chennai and yes, thats how I got it. Should I try rescheduling to the same place if I get one? The reason I am asking this is would consulate acknowledge any new reschedule considering there are lots of them pending.
      Answer: Yes. If you could see the available slots, you can reschedule.
      Thanks

Comment

So, this prior NIE approval is required for travelling only or even for Visa interview I should have the NIE approval?

Thanks RKK09 again for taking time to answer in detail.

Comment

Hi,
          If you feel that you are eligible for NIE, then you can book your appointment under Emergency slot category.
          Thanks

Comment

Thanks. But, I already have an appointment for July 26th. My question is to attend this Visa appoint, do I need prior NIE approval from the consulate or just attend the interview post which NIE approval needs to be sought for travelling?

Comment

I would suggest you to contact respective embassy/consulate customer service via email/call before appearing for interview.

My wife did dropbox submission for her H4 renewal at Mumbai, VAC and her status changed to "Refused", when she received her passport back there was 221(g) letter citing her application is under Administrative Processing due to Presidential Proclamation 10199 and asked to contact again when suspension is lifted.

As we are parents of US born kid, proclamation 10199 does not apply to us and there was no need of NIE but still 221(g) is issued.
              We also tried submitting documents for our child but person at VAC refused to accept the same at the time of dropbox appointment.

I am still trying to figure out what to do now but i advise you to check with customer care whether you need NIE or not (or any other supporting documents) just to be on safer side.

Comment

Thanks a lot snehal99 for taking time to answer the question. Yes, I would contact them before deciding on this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X