H1b stamping and status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b stamping and status

Me and My dependents are going for visa stamping.(My dependent will go for interview two day later than mine)

My case; Me and my dependents had valid visa stamp in passport for previous company. I lost job so came back to home country. Now, got H1b approval from another company after three month, so, going for re stamping.
    My question is;

When I lost job , after 25 days I came back to home country but my dependent stayed for 90 days after job loss due to one family marriage. Does it visa officer ask about this stay? our Visa and I94 were valid up to 2012. Please advice me. I know this is my mistake but I asked to one lawyer at that time and he said the; up to 180 days, it is ok. Please please focus on it.

If Visa officer ask ,what should be our answer ?

I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Any senior member ,please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi friends,

Please help me.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

If your Visa for you and dependents is still VALID till 2012 , then why are you going for stamping again.
        You don;t need to go for stamping just because you changed your jobs/transfered your H1.

You can enter US with your old valid Visa and new approved I-797 petition from your new employer.

Thanks and regards,
        Abhay

Comment

Thanks abhay for your help.

Here is my case;

Right now ,I am outside of USA from last three months. I have valid visa up to 2012. I received I797B without I94 card and stated at bottom part; CONSULATE OR POE and my lawyer mentioned consulate XX.

So, my question is that, if it already mentioned consulate name for Visa interview on I797B, Can I enter USA by POE interview without going for consulate interview?

I know I can enter USA with previous valid visa with new petition.But what to do in this situation?

please guide.

Thanks.

Please
          Last edited by USVISAHELP; 08-27-2010, 03:43 PM. Reason: change

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X