221g without passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g without passport

I recently applied for a H1B renewal stamping in Chennai. I was given the blue 221g form and asked to submit a whole bunch of documents without my passport. I did have all the documents requested with me in person when I attended the interview and am not sure why I was given the form. Anyways, I have sent all the requested documents to the consulate via VFS.

My questions are:

1) how long do I wait for the processing to take? (i know there is not given eta, but just experience from others)

2) I have lived in the US for 7 years now and I have a lot of my personal items, like car, apartment, furniture, job, etc. Is there a protocol, if my visa is denied, for me to recover my items?

3) What are my best options now, with my current employer (what do I have to let them know for them to retain my job should this take a long time for the visa to be approved?

I recently applied for a H1B renewal stamping in Chennai. I was given the blue 221g form and asked to submit a whole bunch of documents without my passport. I did have all the documents requested with me in person when I attended the interview and am not sure why I was given the form. Anyways, I have sent all the requested documents to the consulate via VFS.

My questions are:

1) how long do I wait for the processing to take? (i know there is not given eta, but just experience from others)

2) I have lived in the US for 7 years now and I have a lot of my personal items, like car, apartment, furniture, job, etc. Is there a protocol, if my visa is denied, for me to recover my items?

3) What are my best options now, with my current employer (what do I have to let them know for them to retain my job should this take a long time for the visa to be approved?

---- The answer to all your questions is just wait and you should get a call or email from the US Consulate to submit your Passport and then you will get the visa. There is no time limit as such adn it all depnds on a case to case basis. 4-6 weeks is a normal wait time. Do not be surprised if it takes longer

---- All other personal matters do not have anything to do with US Consulate. If your employer can wait for you to come back and join then you are fine. Alternately you may seek a transfer to a new employer (if you so wish)

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I will wait, but I don't want to be stuck waiting indefinitely.

Is there a way I can go back to the US, using visitors or grace period etc., so that I can, in the worst case, get all my belongings and close accounts if be.

Comment

I will wait, but I don't want to be stuck waiting indefinitely.

Is there a way I can go back to the US, using visitors or grace period etc., so that I can, in the worst case, get all my belongings and close accounts if be.[

---- You can try for a visitor's visa (B1/B2) to come to US, but there is no guarntee. Remember that you will not be able to work on a visitor's visa in the US

---- What do you mean by grace period. There is no such thing

Subramanya

Comment

Blue form on 23rd August

Hi ,

I got blue form in hyderabad on 23rd august since I dont have a client letter.

What is your case?

I work for a desi employer who places at different clients and make us work on a contract. Is your employer similar to this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X